This outrages me on so many levels. First of all, I’ve worked in the Child Nutrition field for 15 years, and if there is one thing clear to me, it’s counterproductive to hold the children responsible for the sins of their parents. There are parents, and not always the impoverished ones, who send their kids to school without money to buy meals. Hungry children cannot learn. Also, Child Nutrition programs are not ‘welfare’. They contribute to campus environments where many aspects of health are modeled and taught. They are worth every penny in preventative benefits. As for Ms. Davis, I think she should be sentenced to chicken nuggets and water until she is rehabilitated.
Idyll Quandry on Facebook
- Just like browning b January 17, 2018Just like browning butter, browning cream, whether you're using a sous vide circulator or a pressure cooker, transforms the dairy's fresh, grassy flavors into nutty butterscotch and toffee.
- 3 ingredient, soft t January 16, 20183 ingredient, soft tortillas that are grain free nut free & vegan!
- Shelly from Vegetari January 15, 2018Shelly from Vegetarian 'Ventures shows us how we can have the delicacy that is mascarpone cheese in 10 minutes, using just 2 ingredients.
- Hello, and welcome b January 12, 2018Hello, and welcome back to Will It Casserole?, the column where I take your delicious concepts and re-imagine them as delicious casserole creations. Today we’re taking another favorite sandwich of mine—the Italian sub/grinder/hoagie/whatever—and transforming it into a hot, comforting dish of wonder.
- Mouthwatering chili January 12, 2018Mouthwatering chili recipes from Simply Recipes—White Chili, Chili con Carne, Chile Verde, Turkey Chili, and more! #GameDay #ChiliRecipes #Chili
- This flavorful side January 10, 2018This flavorful side dish can be served hot or at room temperature.
- Egg Drop Soup with G January 6, 2018Egg Drop Soup with Ginger, Chiles + Spring Peas recipe on Food52
- Meyer Lemon Focaccia January 6, 2018Meyer Lemon Focaccia with Hemp Seeds and Herbs
- How to Make and Use January 2, 2018How to Make and Use Brown Butter
- I didn’t give much t December 30, 2017I didn’t give much thought to my dish rack until I went to my mom’s house and she had this simplehuman beauty. It’s a small thing, but it looks so much nicer than the flimsy $15 ones you can buy at the grocery store and it is incredibly functional.
- Just like browning b January 17, 2018